Billie Eilish responds to Lana Del Rey calling her the “voice of our generation”

Billie Eilish and Lana Del Rey. Credit: Cindy Ord and Kevin Kane via GETTY

Billie Eilish has responded to Lana Del Rey claiming that she is the “voice of our generation”.

Eilish appeared as a special surprise guest during Del Rey’s headlining set of Coachella during weekend one of the Californian festival. The two performed a duet of Del Rey’s ‘Video Games’ and Eilish’s ‘Ocean Eyes’.

Introducing the ‘Bad Guy’ singer to the stage, the ‘Born To Die’ singer said: “That’s the voice of our generation, the voice of your generation. I’m so fucking grateful she’s standing next to me right now, singing my favourite song of hers.”

While appearing as a guest on The Late Show with Stephen ColbertEilish addressed Del Rey’s comment, saying: “It’s ridiculous because she’s the voice of my generation. She’s really one of the top three reasons that I am the person that I am and the artist that I am and that I even started making music in the first place. It was crazy to hear her say that. I love her so much.”

In a previous interview between Del Rey and Eilish for Interview magazine, Eilish told the singer, “You really paved the way for everyone. People have been trying to look and sound like you since you first started. I talk about this with Finneas.”

She continued: “You changed the way the music industry hears and sees music, and you changed the way people sing.”

Elsewhere in her interview with Colbert, Eilish said that her latest album ‘Hit Me Hard And Soft’ feels like “the most genuine thing” she’s ever made.

“I think that with ‘Hit Me Hard and Soft’, it’s the first time since I’ve been an adult and maybe ever in my kind of creative life,” she told the host of the late-night chatshow. “It truly is the most genuine thing I’ve ever made”.

She continued: “It feels very, very me and it feels like all of the music is exactly who I am. All the visuals are exactly who I am, and that’s honestly terrifying. That’s why I’m literally shaking right now!”

Eilish also performed a live rendition of her new song ‘Lunch’ – which arrived as the second track on ‘Hit Me Hard And Soft’ – and explained the lengths she went to in an attempt to capture the image on the album cover.

NME gave ‘Hit Me Hard And Soft‘ a four-star review, writing: “Billie came into this process with aspirations to find herself, creatively and personally: ‘Hit Me Hard and Soft’ remains distinctly unique, a portrait of a singular talent entering young adulthood, exploring her queerness and experiencing the emotional thrill and (sometimes) catastrophe of chasing passion or falling in love.

“In trying to write an album for herself, she’s made one that will resonate harder than anything she’s done before.”

Following the album release, Eilish announced a huge world tour for 2024 and 2025, where she will stop by the UK in July next year. Find US tickets here, UK tickets here, European tickets here and Australian tickets here.

In other news, the ‘Blue’ singer recently revealed that she cried after performing her new song ‘The Greatest’ for the first time as it is one that she finds “really, really special”.

The post Billie Eilish responds to Lana Del Rey calling her the “voice of our generation” appeared first on NME.



Billie Eilish responds to Lana Del Rey calling her the “voice of our generation”
Source: Pinay Confessions PH

Post a Comment

0 Comments